Hair Styling Tips: Messy Bun: The Ultimate Guide
How Do I Make a Perfect Messy Bun? If you are still looking for the ultimate trick, you can get it here!
The messy bun to top model Gigi Hadid
Messy Bun: This is how you make the messy bun
The messy bun has been one of the absolute trend hairstyles for years. The simple everyday hairstyle is incredibly popular and can be styled with any hair length. In contrast to some other updos, this hairstyle wins everyone who gets it particularly messy. The big challenge with the messy bun? It should look like a perfect mess! It should be beautifully voluminous and fluffy, sit well and sit comfortably on the head. Phew, that's not easy even for hairstyling professionals.
For those who have not yet mastered the messy bun to perfection, we have the ultimate guide ready. How to do the bun hairstyle in no time:
The messy bun to Hailey Bieber
Messy Bun: The Instructions
How do you make a messy bun? Here are the step-by-step instructions for the cool bun:
- For the messy bun, first, pull your hair into a normal braid and collect all the strands in one hand.
- Keep the braid nice and loose, so you get more volume in your messy bun from the start.
- Now twist your hair into a bun as usual. You can twist or twirl the strands or simply wrap them around your hand to form the bun. Now you knot everything tight with your elastic band - in a messy way.
- Now gently pull the strands with your fingers and loosen up the messy bun. It should look big and messy.
- Set the fluffy bun in place with hairspray so it lasts all day.
- Bobby pins can help to give the messy bun even more support. Clamp it sideways from the outside to the inside of the bun and fix it on your head.
These instructions are of course just one of the many ways to tie the messy bun. With a little practice and trial and error, you will find a style that suits you best.
Messy bun tutorial in the video
There are so many video tutorials for the messy bun on the Internet, especially on Instagram. And we can already say one thing: These girls have the messy bun on them. We can learn something from that. Take a look at the different techniques:
Click on the following images for watching the videos...
Messy low bun
In addition to the classic messy bun, there are other, beautiful variants for the messy bun. The low bun, for example, can of course be styled just as messy. For the perfect chaos, a few strands can fall out of the braid - quite deliberately, of course. The whole thing looks even more beautiful with soft beach waves.
Messy bun: 10 tricks that will help with styling
- Always remember: it can be messy. If you try too hard with styling, you will do it wrong. So stay relaxed!
- Don't style the messy bun in front of the mirror, rather blindly. Then you stay relaxed and do not cramp up.
- Don't be afraid to loosen up. Use two fingers to gently but boldly pull the strands to loosen the bun. Nothing can go wrong, I promise!
- Rubbing helps too. If you have straight hair, you can create a messy look with a little friction. Simply rub the delicate strands between two fingers with circular movements.
- Hairspray before tying brings additional volume and hold to the bun.
- Unwashed hair is perfect for the messy bun!
- There are tons of messy bun techniques out there, so check out Instagram and scroll through the reels.
- Dry shampoo also works very well to get even more hold.
- The bun hairstyle also looks great with scruchnies. Invisibobbles also works well for creating a cluttered look.
- Pro tip: Women with thin hair can tie a pony puffin into their braid for more volume. The invisible tool makes the curly bun look fuller and bigger.
With these great tricks, it's time to practice, practice, practice. Very much fun!