Getting Rid Of Bloated Stomach: This Helps If There Is Too Much Air In The Stomach
Too much air in the stomach can be uncomfortable or painful. These tips will help get rid of or even avoid the bloated stomach.
Getting Rid of Bloat: Recognizing and Treating the Symptoms
After eating, do you not just feel full and satisfied, but have unpleasant stomach aches and a large bloated stomach? Medical professionals speak of an excessive accumulation of gases in the gastrointestinal tract, especially in the large intestine, of meteorism. This air in the abdomen is an important symptom in itself, but it can also occur in very healthy people. Other complaints: Sufferers have an enlarged stomach that feels full and they have to burp more often. But what can you do about too much air in your stomach? For this, you first need to know the cause.
Abdominal distension causes: this may be the cause
An uncomfortably bloated stomach can have various causes. Identifying them is crucial in getting rid of the gas belly.
- Incompatibilities: Many intolerances lead to a bloated stomach. For example, if you cannot tolerate fructose, consuming apples and pears will have a corresponding effect. Quite often, lactose intolerance is the reason for avoiding or at least reducing dairy products in order to get rid of the bloated stomach.
- Nutrition: Intestinal gases are mainly produced when carbohydrates and proteins are broken down and digested. The influence of diet is correspondingly great. The fiber-rich legumes are often rightly suspected of causing the air in the stomach. The body also has a bit more difficulty digesting raw vegetables, which can cause a bloated stomach. And: the way we eat is also not insignificant. Don't eat too quickly; chew thoroughly.
- Diseases: Of course, bloating does not automatically indicate an illness. However, if the abdominal pain persists or is repeatedly accompanied by diarrhea, you should consult a doctor. Digestive disorders, gastrointestinal infection, or irritable bowel syndrome can also be the cause of an extremely flat stomach.
- Psychological causes: When something makes us upset, it sometimes actually feels that way. Fear, stress, conflict situations affect many people physically, especially in the gastrointestinal tract. A so-called stress stomach is a result. Easier said than done, but: Relaxation also helps to get rid of the bloated stomach.
Getting Rid of Bloat Fast: The Best Home Remedies and Emergency Aids
But if you have already eaten high in fiber or lactose and the bloated stomach is there, it is important to remember the right home remedies. Ideally, it will be gone as quickly as it came.
This really helps with a bloated stomach:
- Caraway seeds contain essential oils that relax the muscles in the stomach. Simply boil a few seeds into a tea. Fennel has a similar relaxing effect. Both are also recommended for those with a feeling of fullness.
- When it comes to ginger, it is the piquant, the gingerols, that helps. Also, prepare tea. If you really like ginger, just chew a piece straight to get rid of the bloated stomach.
- Warm compresses sound like grandma's best medicine cabinet, and that warmth relaxes is no real secret. With the hot water bottle, the whole thing is a little faster and less time-consuming. But be careful: Wrapped up warm, the air stuck in your stomach will probably be loosened.
- Movement, on the other hand, can also be suggested in society. The digestive walk is not wrongly named after it. The slight movement is like a massage for the bowel, motivating it to continue doing its job.
These foods cause bloating
Basically, it differs from person to person - what bloats some, others digest without any problems. After you eat, listen to yourself and find out what to leave out to get rid of gas in the long term. Known and notorious for their flatulence effects are:
- Cabbage vegetables (savoy cabbage, celery, white cabbage, kohlrabi)
- Legumes (beans, peas, lentils)
- Onion, garlic, leek, and relatives
- High-fat foods
- Milk and milkproducts
- Fresh baked goods and yeast pastries, industrially produced bread
Get Rid of Bloat: Use These Tips to Avoid Bloating
So the best way to get rid of gas is to not get it in the first place. Eat a lean diet that best suits your individual gastrointestinal tract. Common sense is often a good advisor: Somehow logical that it is easier for the body to digest several small portions than one that is all the more generous. Another simple tip is to chew smaller bites thoroughly instead of swallowing them.
And as almost always: drink a lot. Drinking actually helps to get rid of the bloated stomach as well, because water aids digestion. But be careful: alcohol and carbonic acid have the opposite effect and favor meteorism.
Not to be forgotten are the cases when flatulence occurs in combination with conflicts, big performances, exam situations: Anyone suffering from a stressed stomach should go in search of relaxation. Meditations can also be a way to get rid of the bloated stomach.