How Do I Take Care Of My Brittle Hair?
A multitude of factors can weaken hair and make it brittle. However, nothing is lost, there are several techniques to remedy this. Discover all the tips to restore your hair to its full strength, and thus prevent breakage.
Do you dream of Rapunzel-like hair but can't seem to grow it? Your hair may be too weak, making it difficult for you to show off great lengths. However, there is no point in giving up all hope of having long, healthy, and strong hair. Your hair is damaged, dry, brittle, and we have the solutions to remedy it.
Good reflexes to have:
- First of all, it is better to be safe than sorry. It is important to have a routine to take care of your hair throughout the year and not just when it is damaged and damaged.
- To display healthy hair, of course, it should not be washed too much because repeated shampoos weaken it. You can replace your shampoo with a cleansing cream to avoid drying out the hair. The oils contained in the treatment will protect your hair without damaging it.
- Without optimal hydration, hair is much more prone to breakage, and water containing chlorine can be harmful to its health. You can then invest in a filter to place on the showerhead to combat this problem as it will filter out hard minerals. Your hair will only be stronger and shinier.
- Also, remember to protect your hair and nourish it with a shampoo and treatment (or hair mask) depending on the type of hair you have. "Nourishing and reconstructive routines are ideal for protecting, nourishing, and providing body to your damaged hair and therefore prevent breakage," said Gianni Coppa, hairdresser and founder of R'factory salon.
- To wring them out after shampooing, it's best to use a microfiber towel, which will absorb excess water and make your hair easier to comb.
- Always with the aim of preventing hair breakage, Gianni Coppa advises cutting its ends by one centimeter every 4 to 6 months. "Indeed, this allows the most damaged parts to be removed while maintaining the length," he explained to us.
- Food supplements can be a good solution. To be taken daily, the capsules will stimulate the hair bulb and bring strength to your hair.
- Also important: before styling, always apply a thermal protective solution. “Like sunscreen, it will act as a heat shield,” explains Gianni Coppa. They exist in the form of water, spray, cream ...
- Finally, always finish your hairstyle with cream, an oil, or a finishing serum. In addition to making your hair shine, it will limit wear and tear on the hair, especially with the friction of clothes.
Mistakes to avoid:
If your hair is already weakened, then it is necessary to avoid the heat and to abandon as much as possible the brushings, the straightener, or the curling iron. Natural drying is always recommended over using a hairdryer. If, on the other hand, you use this type of device, as explained a little above, it is essential to apply a protective treatment beforehand to limit the damage. In addition, hair color, perms, or even discolorations can wreak havoc on your mane.
Be especially careful when the hair is wet or damp because that is when it is most fragile. Thus, you should avoid brushing or tying them when they are not dry. It is also recommended that you do not leave your hair tied back all day as this can cause it to break.
There are some other little things that can change everything as well. For example, choosing a silk or satin pillowcase will limit the risk of knots and therefore breakage.
Right care products to choose for long, strong hair
To preserve the lengths of your hair, a nourishing treatment (whether it is enriched with keratin, jojoba oil, coconut milk ...) at least once a week to let act for about 5 to 10 minutes is the best way. to rehydrate them and nourish them in depth. After each shampoo, don't forget the detangling step either. We choose one specially formulated to reconstruct damaged tips.