Hairstyle Tip: How To Make False Bangs With Your Hair (And In Less Than 5 Minutes)
Do you hesitate to adopt the fringe or do you want to wear it from time to time? We explain how to create bangs without cutting your hair and in just a few minutes.
The hair trends for 2022 are already telling us, bangs will be one of the most popular hairstyle details this year. Only downside: this wick with a thousand and one face requires a drastic hair change and is not suitable for everyone on a daily basis. Once cut, the bangs must indeed be styled every morning and fall on our eyes, which can be embarrassing. Plus, unless you've tried it in the past, there's no guarantee that it will fit and please us 100%.
This is why we invite you to try out a super simple trick to create one with your own hair but without having to cut it permanently. A godsend to wear it without committing. Sarah Angius, an Instagram express hairstylist pro, is responsible for this clever technique. Followed by 3.8 million subscribers on her @sarahangius account, she has established herself as a benchmark for hairstyling tips. To achieve the one that allows you to make false bangs without cutting your hair, you will only need a few flat pins, a brush or a comb, a rubber band, and your hair.
The tutorial on how to make false bangs with your hair and without cutting it:
- Start by isolating a large section of hair located in the front, at the level of the roots of the hair, just where you would place your part in the middle. Make sure to make it wide enough because it is the one that will serve as your fringe, and to adapt its thickness to that of the fringe you want to wear. As you see in the video tutorial of Sarah Angius, the best is to isolate the wick by drawing a kind of triangle whose point is located high on the skull with your comb, the two sides of the triangle joining the edges of your forehead.
- Then fold this section in half, bringing it back and then passing the rest of the section over to determine the length of the fringe.
- Once the bangs are in place, secure them with the bobby pins.
- To camouflage this D-system, then style your hair in a loose high bun, the tousled effect of which conceals the styling that created the fake bangs.
Fake bangs: 3 things to know to get the best result with this trick
- As the beauty guru says in the caption of her hairstyle tutorial, the success of the trick depends on the health of your hair: "make sure your ends are trimmed and in good health". So you have to sport well-groomed ends of the hair so that the illusion is perfect and the fake bangs can pass off as real ones.
- While people with thick hair like Sarah will have no trouble replicating this trick, those with thin hair will need to style their ends more, using dry shampoo or a texturizer to give a little more hair. consistency at the fringe.
- With very long hair, you will need to bend the strand more than once to easily create the bangs.
- Are you really having trouble? Note that there are also faux hair hairpieces that come in all hair colors and clip in!