Duchess Kate: This Is How Her Voluminous Blow-Dry Succeeds At Home
The instructions of the hairstylist who created her wedding hairstyle...
Duchess Kate: These are the tricks for her perfect hair
After attending some notable sporting events in the past few weeks, Duchess Kate's looks included a pink Beulah dress, as well as jeans and a white blazer. The only constant? Her flawless hairstyle for which she has long been praised around the world. How does she get it so voluminous? So lively without being over the top? And how do you create a gently defined curl like her? Here's James Pryce, who created Kate's hair on her wedding day and is now known as the Middleton family's hairdresser, shares his best tips.
The Duchess at Wimbledon on July 11, 2021.
"It all depends on your hair type," says Pryce, who often works in Larry King's salon: "There are two different techniques for different hair types, so decide first if you have thinner, smoother hair or if it is thicker and frizzy is."
Always perfectly blown-dry: The Duchess of Cambridge.
If you have fine, straight hair
The signature look from Kate.
- This hair type needs volume and curls. Therefore, wash your hair with a volumizing shampoo and a small amount of conditioner in the middle lengths and ends so as not to weigh the hair down.
- Spray a volumizing spray on your hair - I recommend Larry King's Volumizing Mist.
- The goal is to create abundance and bounce. For this, you need a hairdryer and a medium-sized brush like the "Ceramic Brushes" from Dyson. Start by roughly drying out some water.
- Then take small sections and wrap your hair around the brush to the base, applying heat until that section is dry. Since your hair is already straight, there is no need to go any further over the hair - simply heating this section will create a nice, bouncy wave.
- If you find it difficult to create a wave using this method, you can rework with large pliers.
- Finally, tilt your head forward and apply a texturizing spray - not a traditional hairspray, but one more like a dry shampoo to give the hair grip and hold.